Paternity cases determine the parentage (paternity), custody and support of/for children between parties that were never married. These cases can be initiated by individuals or by the county in which the mother and child reside.  In cases initiated by individuals, a party asks a Court to determine the parentage (paternity) of a child and generally to determine custody, parenting time, child support, medical support, and childcare support.  In cases where the mother of a child receives public assistance for the benefit of the child, the county of the mother/child’s residence may initiate a paternity action to seek compensation from the father of a child or children for the public assistance provided by the state.

Contact GQ Law to arrange an appointment to speak to one of our lawyers about your paternity case.

*This material is educational only, it does not constitute legal advice, it should not be relied on and it does not create an attorney-client relationship.