Guardianship & Conservatorship Proceedings

A guardian and or a conservator may be appointed to manage the personal and or financial affairs of a person (ward) who is unable to do so on their own. A guardian is responsible for the personal care of a ward while a conservator manages a ward’s financial affairs. Both guardianships and conservatorships can be limited in scope to only certain areas of a ward’s personal care or financial affairs or can be unlimited. This may mean, for example, that a guardian can make decisions regarding where a ward lives, but not authorize medical care for the ward. Similarly, a conservator might be given authority to administer a ward’s financial accounts but not their real estate holdings. Guardianships and conservatorships are generally sought for people that are disabled or unable to manage their own affairs, but can also be sought for minors in certain situations.

Contact us to arrange an appointment to speak to one of our lawyers about guardianship and conservatorship proceedings.

*This material is educational only, it does not constitute legal advice, it should not be relied on and it does not create an attorney-client relationship.